Essential oils have been used for centuries due to their amazing healing properties and health benefits.
Rosemary oil is one of the most popular essential oils for its wide array of health benefits. It has become increasingly important and popular over the years as more of its various health benefits have become understood, including its ability to stimulate hair growth, boost mental activity, relieve respiratory problems and reduce pain.
Rosemary, also known as Rosmarinus Officinalis, is very popular in the Mediterranean region as a culinary herb. Many dishes are cooked with rosemary oil and freshly plucked rosemary leaves. Rosemary essential oil is mostly extracted from the leaves. The rosemary bush belongs to the mint family which includes basil, lavender, myrtle, and sage.
Health Benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil
Apparently, rosemary oil can reduce throat congestion, treat respiratory allergies, the flu, sore throat and colds.
Researchers are finding that rosemary oil, when sniffed, helps to boost memory in people. In tests, rosemary oil improved memory by 60-75% in subjects in comparison to those who didn’t smell it.
Here’s a list of some health issues:
• Clarity – Add a drop to your hands, rub together, and cup over your mouth and nose for 1 minute
• Coughing – Massage one to two drops over your chest and throat every few hours
• Headaches – Add a drop to your hands, and cup over your mouth and nose for up to a minute. You may also apply a drop topically to the aching parts of your head.
• Learning and memory – Diffuse the oil throughout the room, inhale directly from the bottle, rub over your temples, or apply to your toes regularly.
• Vaginal infection – Massage one to two drops in or around the vagina, making sure to test for sensitivity before attempting internal use.
Clear Your Sinuses, Prevent Colds, and Improve Your Memory with 2 Drops of Rosemary Essential Oil on the Shower Floor
Pour a couple of drops in front of you, and it will aid in opening your sinuses and build immunity. If you are taking a warm shower, pour a couple of drops on the shower floor before running the water.
Also, check out our Herbal Yoga Mat Spray Recipe with rosemary oil.
Via: Organic And Healthy