The pure lavender oil is an incredible essential oil which can be used for your health and wellness. It is among the gentlest of essential oils, as well as one of the most powerful, which makes it a favorite of households, because of its healing properties and its uses. On top of that, it is the best oil for reducing headaches and anxiety.
This oil has a chemically complex structure consisting of over 150 active constituents, which explains its effectiveness and ability in helping with numerous health ailments. Some of the properties that lavender oil has are the following: antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antibacterial, detoxifier, antispasmodic, antimicrobial and hypotensive
Some researchers from Florida have found that the lavender oil has benefits such as reducing anxiety and lowering the pulse rates in nursing students who were taking stressful tests. Also, the lavender aromatherapy is effective in decreasing distress before surgery. It is a better and more relaxing way than massage or merely resting, in the hospital setting.
Lavender oil has a proven ability to reduce depression, improve insomnia, as well as ease labor pains. And anecdotal evidence suggests that the benefits that the lavender oil has can relieve pain in those people who suffer from headaches, hangovers, and sinus congestion.
Another prior research on lavender has focused on the administration of it via an olfaction routine. The anxiolytic activity from the lavender olfaction has also been shown in some small and medium-sized clinical trials. The effectiveness of aromatherapy of lavender is thought to be because of the psychological effects of the fragrance which is combined with physiological effects of volatile oils in the limbic system.
The calming effects provided by lavender oil, as well as the single constituents may be the origin of its traditional use. As measured by the Hamilton rating scale, lavender oil olfaction has been proven to have some benefits such as decreasing anxiety and increasing mood scores.
DIY lavender lemonade with essential oil of lavender:
- 1 cup raw honey;
- 12 cups pure water;
- one drop lavender essential oil;
- six lemons, peeled and juiced;
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
What you will need to do is mix all the ingredients and chill. If required, you can add more water or raw honey.
Some other ways in which you can use the lavender oil:
- Add 5 to 6 drops of lavender essential oil in your bath water. It will calm you down and help with dry skin;
- Diffuse 10 to 12 drops of lavender oil into the air during your workday, for relieving stress naturally;
- Make a body oil by adding two drops of lavender per ounce of your favorite lightly scented, unrefined organic oil (like almond oil or olive oil). This has all the benefits that lavender has for improving your skin, as well as for relaxing your mind, protecting you from insect bites and helping you sleep.
Inspired by: Educate Inspire Change