We have already presented a few recipes for healthy and chlorophyll rich smoothies, refreshing Switchel, and ayurvedic herbal waters. Here we give you recipes for a similar, but slightly different kind of healthy refreshing drinks.
Cardamom is an excellent spice for gastrointestinal protection, cholesterol control, control of cancer, relief from cardiovascular issues, and the improvement of blood circulation in the body. It can cure dental diseases and urinary tract infections. It is also believed that possesses aphrodisiac properties and cure impotence and erectile dysfunction.
Having this in mind, we can enjoy this healthy refreshing drink. Prepare it and sip throughout the day.
- 8 cups water
- 1 handful mint
- ½ cup fennel seeds
- ½ cup cardamom seeds
- In a large pot, boil the water.
- Add the mint, fennel seeds, and cardamom seeds, and turn off the heat.
- Cover and steep as the water cools.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
GINGER-BASIL FIZZY WATER
Lemon, ginger, and basil are perfect for rejuvenating and uplifting the mind, body, and spirit, particularly when paired with an effervescent sparkling water. Ginger-Basil Fizzy Water also makes a refreshing alternative to sugar-packed lemon-lime soda or ginger ale.
- 1 (2-inch) ginger knob, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅛ to ¼ cup raw honey, depending on your tastes
- 8 cups sparkling water (or you can also use still water)
- Fresh basil sprigs, for garnish
- In a blender, blend the ginger, lemon juice, and honey until well combined.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the mixture into a glass, then fill the glass with the sparkling water.
- Add more mixture to taste, garnish with the basil, and enjoy.
MINTED MANGO DIGESTIVE SMOOTHIE
This digestive makes the perfect ending to a meal, an easy light breakfast, or a quick midday pick-me-up. For a vegan version, you can substitute plain Greek yogurt with almond and coconut milk or soy yogurt.
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups water
- 1 handful fresh mint
- In a blender, blend the mango, yogurt, water, and mint until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM HERE