The immunologic, as well as the enzymatic and repair mechanisms in our body function in the proper way in an alkaline environment, and this is why it is so important to maintain it balanced all the time.
There are three possible ways about how to regulate the pH of the blood:
- Controlling the levels of the carbon dioxide;
- Excreting excess acid, as a result of proper work of the kidneys;
- At the end, the special chemical of the blood, which is known as buffers, works by resisting any sudden changes in the pH.
A specific pH range can actually cause some countless chemical reactions which are necessary for life, so it will be crucial to maintaining pH within that range all the time. For instance, an acidic pH level within the body of a human will play an important role in all degenerative and autoimmune diseases. This environment also has several adverse effects on metabolism, in that way impacting accumulation of fluid and edema, as well as energy levels and an increase in free radical production. In addition, it can also cause obesity, as well as diabetes, migraines, cancer, cataracts, stroke, arthritis, morning sickness, gout, osteoporosis, and allergies.
The pH of our body is actually in a close link with the foods that we eat and what we drink. For example, meat and dairy products, such as animal-based foods, are mainly acidic, while the plant-based ones, such as fruits and vegetables, are mostly alkaline. The body of a human needs both acid and alkaline foods in its diet, as it actually helps it to maintain appropriate pH levels. The culture of nowadays, with the high amount of fast – foods and overly processed foods have made the majority of people overly acidic.
Every person can test the levels of pH with inexpensive pH strips which can be bought online or in health food stores. Another, as well as a better way of checking the pH level, is by testing our urine, which is more accurate than others. Generally, the second urine test of the morning is the most accurate one.
When in an acidic environment, cancer increases, so you can do these measures in order to make your body alkaline instantly:
- The first thing you should do in the morning – gently warm a glass of water, as well as squeeze the juice from half of an orange-lemon into it. Then, you should add ½ teaspoon of baking soda in order to make a refreshing, as well as alkalizing drink.
- You should juice some fresh vegetables and fruits and then add some barley grass, wheat grass, cayenne, kelp, spirulina and chlorella in it. You should drink this beverage every single day.
- A lot of health care providers and professionals have recommended eating a vegan diet of alkaline vegetables and fruits, which will actually maintain a healthy pH level.
- You should avoid all extremely acidic processed foods, as well as refined sugar and fried foods.
- You should buy alkaline water with a pH level of 9.
- For a lot of reasons are highly recommended some natural household cleanings agents, such as diluted apple cider vinegar, or some recipes with plant proteins and/or essential oils.
- Shampoos, as well as conditioners and all other beauty products, should be natural or at least should be free of toxic loaded chemicals, as well as synthetic additives.
- You should eat only grass-fed, organic animal products.
Here, we are going to present you a list of foods rich in alkaline:
Fruits that have a high alkaline level:
Vegetables that have a high alkaline level:
- Collard greens;
- Sweet potatoes/Yams;
- Winter squash.
Nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices that have a high alkaline level:
- Ginger root;
- Sea salt;
- Pumpkin seeds.
Beverages that have a high alkaline level:
- Ginger tea;
- Mineral water.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM HERE