Breakfast is the first thing that provides energy to our body. Consequently, the fact is that the breakfast which we eat should also be delicious. So, get ready for a healthy and delicious breakfast recipes which will kick start your day.
1. Creamy Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas
This is the perfect breakfast for rushed mornings. You can take it with you and eat it on public transit or enjoy it when you get to work or school. I love that you can flavor it so many different ways.
If there is such a thing as a superfood, then it’s oatmeal. It can help you with weight control, it improves digestion, regulates cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of diabetes. It even reduces the risk of some types of intestinal cancers.
If you’re an oatmeal lover like me, then you’re in for a real treat
Start your day with a healthy salad. I simply adore the taste of mango, coconut, and basil! Quick, delicious and healthy.
- 4 large mangoes, slightly pre-ripe
- 2 cups (160 g) young coconut meat
- ¼ cup (10 g) fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or more as desired
Peel the mangoes then slice them into tiny strips on a mandolin slicer or by hand. Shred the coconut meat into thin strips by hand.
The dressing: blend 3 tablespoons (15 g) of the coconut meat and 3 tablespoons (15 g) of the mango with 3 tablespoons (44 ml) of water (or coconut water)!
Toss the mango, coconut, and basil together and add the dressing. You can also squeeze some lime juice on top.
4. Chickpea Snack
Chickpeas can be cooked and eaten cold in salads, cooked in stews, ground into flour, ground and shaped in balls and fried as falafel, made into a batter and baked, or fried. South Asian cuisine widely uses Chickpea flour. They are a real super food rich in proteins, folates, iron, and zinc.
Apparently, this snack cannot replace the breakfast, but it can help you go through a busy morning. And it’s great while watching TV in the evening.
- Canned Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Olive Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Salt – 1 Pinch
- Black Pepper – 1 Pinch
- Ground Cumin – 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Onion Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Chili Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C)
- Rinse and drain chickpeas
- Combine oil, spices, and chickpeas in a bowl and toss to coat
- Spread the spiced chickpea beans in a single layer on a baking paper
- Roast in oven, occasionally turning until crispy
Of course, you can combine other spices according to your taste: hot cayenne pepper, oregano, and basil for a pizza taste or go for turmeric and curry for an Indian flavor.
5. A Final Tip: Morning Detox Tea
Don’t reach for a cup of coffee in the morning. Our habit to drink coffee first thing in the morning is far more dangerous that we realize. Caffeine on an empty stomach can seriously damage our digestive tract. If you feel problems like heartburn and acid reflux, it can be a result of coffee on an empty stomach.
Try switching the coffee in the morning with a cup of tea. It’s tricky. I know. Giving up of coffee in the morning was one of my toughest decisions. However, by carefully choosing the mixture of herbs, I found that I don’t need coffee to wake up.
The morning detox mix of herbs helps you getting rid of toxins, and at the same time it boosts metabolism and wakes you up.
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/3 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- Spoonful of raw honey
- Boil the water
- Pour the water into a cup and add the ginger root
- Leave it on for a few minutes
- Add the lemon essential oil, cinnamon, cayenne, and honey
- Stir well
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM HERE