Binaural beats are a useful tool in accelerating the process of reaching meditative states. The ‘frequency following response’ effect allows these specialized sounds to create optimal states for meditation. These audio tools will help us to achieve states of deep relaxation without having several years of meditation practice.
The advantage of this effect has led to the invention of many useful products that allow us to reach altered states of consciousness safely and more efficiently. Along with Binaural beats, Isochronic tones and Monaural beats, have also proven to evoke the ‘frequency following response’ effect.
The ‘frequency-following response’ outcome has been used to achieve brainwave synchronization for many centuries. For example, Monks in Tibet and the Aborigines of Australia have used different instruments to produce sound frequencies capable of inducing multiple harmonic resonances.
Mind in Alpha State
- Our brain hemispheres become naturally synchronized;
- We experience increased concentration, focus, and memory retention – beneficial for super learning;
- Enables us to remember our meditative states and dreams;
- The brain enters into a hypnosis state and becomes more receptive to casual and auto-suggestions ;
- The link between the conscious and subconscious mind widens. This is our gateway to meditation;
- The brain reaches increased vividness, creative visualization and triggers imagination;
- Relaxed detached (absent-minded) awareness and daydreaming mind.
- Diminishes stress and depression
- Reduced anxiety
- Reduction of high blood pressure
- Amplified cerebral blood flow
- Improves athletic performance
- Increased motivation, energy, and happiness
- Reduces chronic pain
Theta brainwaves 3.5 Hz – 7 Hz
Theta brainwaves are mutual for people who feel as if they are in a trance, where the mind seems as though it may have gone to sleep even though it is conscious of what is happening around it. In this state, our brain brings a capacity for prolonged daydreaming, and we can experience the loss of time and endlessness.
Theta waves are also helpful in visualization and creativity. The mind in this very relaxed state is highly sensitive to direct suggestion under hypnosis. In Theta state, as in Alpha, our brain hemispheres are synchronized, and we experience full brain functioning.
Mind in Theta state
- Deep relaxation
- Improved sense of inner peace and emotional stability
- Enhanced memory
- Calms the rant of your mind
- Intensified intuition and inspiration
- Psychic abilities and sense of spiritual connection are increased
- Better and more restful sleep
- Improved physical healing
- Our body produces beneficial hormones related to health and longevity
- Reduction of anxiety and stress
- Decrease mental fatigue
NOTE: The study has proven that 30 minutes a day of Theta meditation can naturally improve overall health and well-being. Theta meditation can also result in a reduced need for sleep.
Delta brainwaves 0.1 Hz – 3.5 Hz
Delta brainwaves are the slowest group of waves that our brains produce, and they occur when we are in deep, dreamless sleep. When our mind is in delta state, our body restores and heals itself. The delta state releases anti-aging hormones, including melatonin, Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), and human growth hormone (HGH). Due to the stimulation of the pituitary gland with delta brainwaves, the production of anti-aging hormones increases. HGH is essential in the process of renewal of the skin as well as speeding up the healing process of joint and cartilage injuries. It also helps to heal physical pain.
Delta is the place of most deep relaxation, most profound healing, genuine spiritual connection, and relation to the subconscious mind. It is the gateway to the unconscious mind and the collective unconscious, bringing contact with the universal psyche or mind.
Gamma brainwaves 40 Hz and higher
Gamma brainwaves are the most rapid in frequency. Those frequencies have the power to link and process information from all parts of the brain. It is the vibrating rate that brings the ability to our brain to handle massive amounts of information in quite small quantities of time. You can think of it as getting a processor upgrade for your brain.
Mind in Gamma State
- Increased self-control
- Elevated levels of intelligence and compassion
- Amplified awareness through your five senses
- Great feeling of natural happiness.
A study has indicated that at the moments when bursts of precognition or high-level information processing occur, our brainwaves briefly reach the Gamma state.
Each of us can use brainwave entrainment to achieve a variety of results. You may want to target a particular brainwave frequency range to help you relax. On the other hand, you may want to increase your creative energy, improve your memory, deepen your sleep or get better results when playing a sport. Why not try?